As of Tuesday, March 16, the following changes are in effect:
We’ve been taking a variety of precautions with residents, team members and visitors as well as following the guidance of the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the CDC.
In in accordance with the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s recommendations, Pleasant View is restricting visitation in Personal Care and Health Care areas for the safety of all residents.
This means we are encouraging all family and friends who are not absolutely essential to postpone visits until after this situation passes. Opportunities for virtual visitation are being implemented. Please reach out to Pleasant View to schedule this, if you or your loved one needs assistance. All doors, including Town Square North will be locked.
- For the safety of our residents and our community, all non-resident individuals (including team members, contractors, vendors) who will have access to our buildings will be screened daily at designated checkpoints. At these checkpoints—a strict screening process that includes a series of questions and a temperature check will be conducted. The checkpoints will be operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Our fitness Center, PV FiT and pool are now closed to both outside and resident members until further notice.
- Large campus activities have been cancelled.
- The Hearth and Harrow restaurant closed the restaurant and bistro for communal dining. Takeout and delivery will continue to be available. Orders can be placed in person at the Coffee Shop, by phone 717-664-6314 or online at https://www.toasttab.com/hearth-and-harrow/. In addition to the regular Hearth and Harrow menu, during the time that COVID-19 restrictions are in place, Pleasant View will be offering a daily “Homestyle Special” for residents. Orders may be picked up at the Coffee Shop, delivered to apartments or cottages, or made available for pick up in the Town Sq.
- The Courtyard Café will be closed. Terrace Garden residents will have meals delivered to their rooms, and the Core Building Fire Doors will be closed.
- Manheim Family Practice will not be seeing patients at the Pleasant View satellite office.
- Grocery Shopping and Bank trips will continue to be the only outings offered through Activities. If a family member wishes to drop off groceries for an apartment resident, have them call 717-664-6641 to arrange a time for a Residential Living staff member to meet them at a numbered door. We will make deliveries to your apartments.
We are here for you to answer any questions you may have and are committed to doing all we can to maintain open communication with residents and families. Our number one priority is the health and safety of all residents and staff.
We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause, but due to the extremely contagious nature of this virus and the devastating effect it is having on older adults, we want you to know that we are doing everything possible to make sure everyone is safe.