Our primary concern continues to be the health and well-being of those we serve as we continue to navigate the ongoing pandemic. To mitigate the spread of the virus, we continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Department of Human Services, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
The COVID update as of 9/29/22:
Staff: 2 active cases
Residents: 4 active cases
Skilled Nursing (Healthcare Center)
We are currently testing all staff and residents in accordance with state and federal guidelines. All staff are screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (including temperature) upon arrival to work. We have established quarantine and isolation procedures for both staff and residents in accordance with Pennsylvania Department of Health and CMS guidance. All staff having direct contact with residents are required to adhere to stringent Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
In-person visitation is currently open for all units. Virtual visitation is still available. To schedule a virtual visit, please contact Teresa Good at (717-664-6272).
Healthcare Visitation Guidelines:
- Healthcare visitors must enter at the main entrance (Door #1)
- Residents are permitted to have a maximum of two visitors at one time. Pets are permitted during visitation, but limited to one pet per visitation. Pet vaccination records must be presented at the time of sign-in.
- Visitors are required to sign in and answer screening questions, including a temperature screen upon arrival and sign out upon departure. All visitors will be required to sanitize their hands upon entry and exit of our facilities.
- Please bring a mask. Well-fitting masks that cover the entire mouth and nose must be worn at all times while in our buildings and during visitation regardless of vaccination status
- Visitors bringing food or drink items for resident or visitor consumption during the visitation is prohibited.
- Visitors must remain in the visitation area at all times and are not permitted in other areas of the building/campus.
We realize nothing beats the warm embrace between a resident and their loved one. Therefore, if the resident is fully vaccinated, they can choose to have close contact (including touch) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand hygiene before and after contact. We ask that all visitors maintain a safe distance between themselves and other residents as well as staff.
Visits will be monitored for compliance with our visitation guidelines. Visitors not adhering to the guidelines may have visitation privileges suspended to ensure the safety of our residents and staff.
Communal dining and group activities have resumed in accordance with CMS and Department of Health Guidelines.
Terrace Gardens and the Meadows are both open to in-person visitation. Visitation appointments are not necessary. To limit movement and avoid crowds of people in the building, we are limiting the number of visitors to two per resident at a time for indoor visitation. Outdoor visits, generally, are the safest way to visit. We encourage outdoor visits, as weather permits. If you would like to have more than two visitors at one time (no more than ten), an outdoor visit is required.
Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Personal Care Visitation Guidelines:
- All visitors will be required to complete a thermal screen and COVID-related screening questions at the Terrace Gardens #4 entrance. Postpone or cancel your visit if you are not feeling well.
- After screening, visitors must sign in at the Terrace Gardens Sign-In station (date, name of visitor, name of resident, and arrival and departure time). Visitors will be issued a visitor tag, which must be worn at all times while on campus.
- All visitors will be required to sanitize their hands upon entry and exit of our facilities.
- Bring a mask. A well-fitting mask must be worn at all times that is fully covering the mouth and nose.
- Pets are permitted during visitation, but limited to one pet per visit. Pet vaccination records must be on file with the front desk.
- Before leaving the building, remember to sign out at the Terrace Gardens Sign-In Station.
* We realize nothing beats the warm embrace between a resident and their loved one. Therefore, if the resident is fully vaccinated, they can choose to have close contact (including touch) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand hygiene before and after contact. We ask that all visitors maintain a safe distance between themselves and other residents as well as staff.
If the Terrace Gardens door is locked, please ring the doorbell and be patient.
Visits will be monitored for compliance with our visitation guidelines. Visitors not adhering to the guidelines may have visitation suspended to ensure the safety of our residents and staff.
Our ability to offer visitation to our residents can be affected by the local county positivity rate as well as our current COVID-19 cases in our facility. If visitation is not permitted, families will be contacted and our website updated.
If you have any questions, please call Jamie Reynolds, Director of Personal Care at 717-664-6312 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pleasant View Communities is committed to providing our residents the highest quality of care. The health and safety of those who live and work at Pleasant View is our highest priority. We have a dedicated team that meets daily to discuss how to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on preserve the health of everyone at Pleasant View.
Please know that we have followed, and will continue to do so, all guidance set forth for privacy, patient care, employee safety, and efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 as provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) and the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). These guidelines can be found here.
You can find our latest update on COVID-19 by visiting our COVID-19 News page. Friends and family members are also encouraged to complete the sign-up form at the bottom of the page to have these updates delivered to your email.
We have a number of levels of living on our campus, as well as several amenities open to the public, each with their own response to COVID-19. Please see the various guidelines below.
Visitation is permitted for apartment and cottage residents provided there is compliance to the following conditions:
- Only visit if you are healthy. Do not visit if you have chills or a fever greater than 100 degrees or have any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea/vomiting, or diarrhea.
- If you are awaiting results or have tested positive for COVID-19, do not visit until results are known, and the recommended time for isolating has ended. If you have been exposed to someone else who is experiencing symptoms or tested positive, please follow CDC recommendations for isolating, quarantining, and masking. CDC guidelines can be found here.
- Admittance to the apartment buildings is available at Town Square North entrance numbers 7, 8, 9, and Town Square South entrance number 11. When these doors are locked after business and designated visitation hours, please call the resident you are visiting to ask they grant you admittance. During overnight hours, contact campus security by calling 717-664-6210.
- Use of the pool area require appointments during all operating hours.
- Appointment duration: 60 minutes
- Hours of operation are as follows:
Monday – Wednesday: 5:30am-7pm
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect upon arrival?
- Please plan to arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment
- Members should self-screen prior to appointment, please do not come if you have a fever or feel sick.
- We ask that you plan your time wisely and exit promptly at the end of your scheduled time
How do I make an appointment for the pool?
Appointments can be made up to 7 days in advance through online scheduling or by calling PVFiT 717-664-6305.
What about classes?
Reservations are required for all classes and can be accessed through our online scheduling or by calling PVFiT. Reservations are offered on a first come, first serve basis and can be made up to 7 days prior to the class day. We will continue to offer select virtual classes.
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
Appointments for the Fitness Center, Pool Area and classes may be cancelled up to 2-hours in advance of your scheduled time. Failure to cancel prior to the 2-hour window will be considered a “No Show” and the member will be charged a $5 fee. All members will be required to have a credit card on file.
All PVFiT policies and recommendations are subject to change. We will communicate upcoming announcements through email. If you have an email address and do not currently receive our emails, please contact us at email@example.com to be added to our email list.
How do I contact you with any questions?
Feel free to call 717-664-6305 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We are happy to answer them to the best of our ability.
Hearth & Harrow
Hearth & Harrow is open for takeout or full service.
Sun: 10am – 2pm
Tue-Wed: 8am – 2pm
Thu-Sat: 10am – 7pm
The Pleasant View Salon is offering a full line of service to residents, employees, family members, as well as friends from the surrounding community. Salon and Barber services include shampoos, cuts and sets/styling, color, perms, facial hair removal, manicures, and pedicures are offered by appointment. Physical distancing guidelines will be in place while in the salon and masks covering both nose and mouth are required.
To schedule an appointment, please call 717 664-6336.
Esther’s Collectibles Thrift Shop
**Please call the thrift shop before visiting to make sure we are open: 717-664-6357
The following modifications will be put into place:
- The store is open TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS from 10am-2pm only
- There will only be 1 clerk and 2 customers permitted in the store at a time
- Hours will be determined on volunteer availability and could be shortened
- Fitting room will be closed
- Returns will not be accepted
- Outside community volunteers will be screened prior to working in the store